Human Resource Department
Ms. Isha Morgenstern, Executive Director of Human Resources
Ms. Regina Booker, Personnel Assistant
Welcome to Port Jefferson Schools Human Resources Department website. Our employees are the most important resource for providing quality educational programs for students in Port Jefferson Schools.
The office of Human Resources is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm to assist individuals seeking employment and current employees with any matters related to the employment process or their current employment status.
Port Jefferson Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on link for: EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: CURRENT OPENINGS
Apply online OLAS: https://oloasjobs.com
*Apply Online Indeed: https://www.indeed.com
Additional Supplemental OLAS Application: PJ OLAS Supplemental Application
Interested in becoming a Teaching Assistant?
Teaching Assistant Level I - Certification Application process: https://www.esboces.org/Page/3444
STEP 1: Link to the NYSED TEACH website to create an account: TEACH Resources: TEACH System :OTI:NYSED
TA Certification Requirements: Pathway: Individual Evaluation
- The individual evaluation pathway is for candidates who have not completed an approved teacher preparation program or whose application is not based on a valid teaching certificate from another state or US territory. This pathway is also for candidates applying for teaching assistant or coaching credentials or adult education certificates. Candidates must submit original credentials for evaluation by the Office. Candidates must also meet any non-coursework requirements, such as the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations and fingerprint clearance, as specified.
- Education - High School Diploma, GED or HSE
- New York State Teacher Certification Exam - ATAS
- Workshop - Child Abuse Identification - https://www.childabuseworkshop.com/
- Workshop - School Violence Intervention and Prevention - https://www.childabuseworkshop.com/
- Workshop - Dignity For All Students Act - https://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/dasa-applicant.html
- Fingerprint Clearance (PDF)
Step 2: Create an OLAS account: https://www.olasjobs.org/
- Apply to the Port Jefferson School District posting for Teaching Assistant
Step 3: Complete the Supplemental OLAS Application on the Port Jefferson Human Resources website: https://www.portjeffschools.org/departments/human_resources
Effective FEBRUARY 27, 2023, employees must submit documentation from a licensed medical provider or testing facility attesting that the employee has tested positive for COVID-19 in order to qualify New York's COVID-19 sick leave. The District will no longer accept at home positive test results to be eligible for paid COVID sick days.
In no event shall an employee qualify for sick leave under New York's COVID-19 sick leave law for more than three (3) orders of quarantine or isolation. The second and third orders must be based on a positive COVID-19 test.
- If you are experiencing fever or feeling feverish/having chills, diarrhea or vomiting - STAY HOME - do not come to work. If you're experiencing other symptoms of illness you may come to work
- Get COVID tested by a healthcare facility or provider
- If positive - Contact/email your immediate supervisor, myself and Adam Sherrard - if you have symptoms, please include the date symptoms started
- Enter "sick" as your absence from work into AESOP or timesheet.
- In order to be eligible for the NYS COVID-19 paid sick leave, you must provide documentation from a licensed medical provider or testing facility attesting that the employee has tested positive for COVID-19 in order to qualify New York's COVID-19 sick leave. At home tests are no longer accepted.
- Once I am in receipt of your proof of positive results and if you're eligible, I will change your sick days to covid paid days from the onset of symptoms. (Please note: According to NYS "In no event shall an employee qualify for sick leave under New York's COVID-19 sick leave law for more than three orders of quarantine or isolation. " Two of the three occurrences must be based on a positive test result for the employee themselves)
- You will receive an email from me regarding your isolation period and when you are cleared to return to work
- You do not need to retest or test negative to return to work