Address: District Office, 550 Scraggy Hill Road
Traci McGlynn, Senior Office Assistant
Welcome to Port Jefferson! Due to security measures, an appointment is necessary for registration. Please call 631-791-4291 to schedule an appointment.
- To enter pre-kindergarten, children must be four years old on or before December 1 of the school year.
- To enter kindergarten, children must be five years old on or before December 1 of the school year.
- Students must reside within the geographic boundaries of our school district.
- Children of non-residents of the district may be admitted by the Board of Education upon recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools, and upon payment of tuition and terms as set by the Board.
- All students must be registered by a parent or legal guardian.
- For enrollment of homeless students or unaccompanied minors, contact Central Registration for assistance, at 631-791-4291.
Required Proof of Residency Documents
- Two current utility bills
(Cable, electric, gas, or land-based telephone bill)
- For Homeowners (one of the following):
- Tax bill
- Closing papers or deed
- For Renters: Current lease (for at least one year)
Other Required Documents
- Child's birth certificate or passport
- Parent/Guardian's drivers license (with current Port Jefferson address)
Click here for information about immunization requirements.